CHALLENGE OF THE MONTH:
This month I want to challenge you all to not eat ANY fast food, all month! Here are eleven shocking statistics you should know before pulling through that drive-thru:
- Fast food restaurants in America serve 50 million customers per day.
- In 2015, Trans fats, which found in most commercial baked goods and fried foods, were offically deemed by the FDAmed by the FDA to cause high cholesterol– the leading cause of heare disease in the U.S.
- According to the American Beverage Association, American consumers on average drink more than 54 gallons of carbonated soft drinks each year, making carbonated soft drinks the most popular beverage in the U.S., almost three times more popular than bottled water, milk or coffee.
- McDonald’s sells an average of 75 hamburgers every second.
- 44 percent of people report eating out at least once a week.
- On any given day, 34 percent of children between ages 2 and 19 consume fast food.
- McDonald’s has more locations (35,000) than the combined total of Burger King (14,000), Wendy’s (6,500), Taco Bell (6,200) and Arby’s (3,400) combined.
- The average American spends an estimated $1,200 on fast food each year.
- Children consume an estimated 12 percent of their calories from fast food.
- 20 percent of all American meals are eaten in the car.
- More than half of the money Ohio residents spend eating out goes to these restaurants.
(these stats pulled from http://blog.partnersforyourhealth.com/blog/more-shocking-fast-food-statistics-you-should-know )
SO skip the drive-thru and go for some home-cooked or prepped meals instead!